REPUBLIC OF SENEGAL
One People – One Goal – One Faith
Decree n ° 2020 – 965 establishing and setting the rules of organization and operation of the Monitoring Committee for the implementation of “FORCE COVID 19” operations.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC,
IN VIEW of the Constitution;
CONSIDERING the organic law n ° 2012-23 of December 27, 2012 repealing and replacing the organic law n ° 99-70 of February 17, 1999 on the Court of Auditors;
VU Organic Law No. 2020-07 of 26 February 2020 repealing and replacing the Organic Law n o 2011-15 08 July 2011 on Budget Acts, as amended by Organic Law No. 2016-34 of December 23, 2016;
CONSIDERING Decree No. 2011-1880 of November 24, 2011 on the General Regulations on Public Accounting;
VU Decree No 2019-910 of 15 May 2019 on the division of state services and the control of public institutions, national companies and public participation in companies between the Presidency of the Republic, the General Secretariat of the Government and the ministries, amended,
CONSIDERING Decree No. 2019-1819 of November 2, 2019 on the composition of the Government;
HAVING REGARD to Decree No. 2020-781 of March 18, 2020 derogating from the Public Procurement Code for operations relating to the fight against COVID-19;
HAVING REGARD to decree n ° 2020-876 of March 25, 2020 supplementing article 3 of decree n ° 20141212 of September 22, 2014 relating to the Public Procurement Code amended by decree n ° 2020-22 of January 07, 2020;
HAVING SEEN decree n ° 2020-884 of April 1, 2020 creating and setting the rules of organization and operation of the Response and Solidarity Fund against the Effects of COVID-19 called FORCE COVID 19 “
On the report of the Minister of State, Secretary General of the Presidency of the Republic,
Article 1.- A body called “Monitoring Committee for the Implementation of FORCE COVID 19 Operations”, responsible for monitoring operations carried out by “FORCE COVID 19” and of the President of the Republic, is created. ” report on it in accordance with the terms set out in this decree.
As such, the said Committee ensures, for “FORCE COVID 19”, the follow-up of:
- the achievement of the objectives assigned to it,
- the implementation by the technical committee of the orientations of the strategic council,
- the qualitative impact of its support for business sectors affected by the pandemic;
- the perception by the populations of its interventions;
- the regular report of the committee’s interventions to the President of the Republic,
- the regular information of the populations on the interventions of “FORCE COVID 19”.
Article 2.- The Committee, chaired by a personality appointed by decree, comprises:
- a representative of the Ministry in charge of monitoring the Emerging Senegal Plan,
- a representative of the Ministry of Finance and Budget;
- a representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Senegalese Abroad;
- a representative of the Ministry of Community Development and Social and Territorial Equity,
- a representative of the Ministry of the Economy, Planning and Cooperation,
- a representative of the Ministry of Health and Social Action;
- three (3) representatives of the National Assembly (parliamentary majority, parliamentary opposition, non-members);
- two (2) representatives of the High Council of Local Authorities;
- two (2) representatives of the Economic, Social and Environmental Council,
- two (2) representatives of associations of local elected representatives;
- six (6) representatives of political parties (two from the pole of the presidential majority, two from the pole of the parliamentary opposition, two from the pole of the non-aligned);
- three (3) representatives of civil society organizations;
- two (2) representatives of employers’ organizations,
- two (2) representatives of trade unions,
- two (2) representatives of consumer associations.
The Committee may also call on any person whose participation is deemed useful during its meetings.
Article 3- The Committee meets when convened by its Chairman whenever necessary or at the request of the “FORCE COVID 19” Steering Committee. It freely sets its operating rules.
Article 4. – The Committee sends the President of the Republic a monthly monitoring report on the implementation of “FORCE COVID 19” operations.
Article 5.- The Committee may organize information sessions for the populations on the interventions of “FORCE COVID 19”.
Article 6.- The means necessary for the performance of its mission are placed at its disposal by the State.
Article 7.- The mission of the Committee ends three months after the end of the operations of “FORCE COVID 19”.
At the end of its mission, the Committee sends a final report to the President of the Republic.
Article 8.- The Minister of State, Secretary General of the Presidency of the Republic and the Minister of Finance and Budget are responsible, each as far as he is concerned, with the execution of this decree which will be published in the Official Journal.