The country is adopted the following as prevention and control strategies since February 2020;
- Public education through the use of mass media and other forms of education
- Screening at all points of entry for early detection, diagnosis and treatment.
- Advised self-quarantine for suspected cases as well as rapid specimen collection for testing
- Isolation for suspected cases or symptomatic individuals following screening at designated health facilities followed by contact tracing instituted to ensure that the virus is does not spread.
- Social distancing where the public is advised to take measures to reduce contact in malls, shops, work, gyms, places of worship etc.
- Community lock down where training institutions and other places that gather large number of people are closed or there is restricted movement. This includes restricting and preventing travel within or outside the country.